Friday, March 21, 2008

Dumped

Yesterday our daycare provider unceremoniously and without warning dumped us. She said Sophie had been having trouble taking naps due to the all the commotion of the other kids and had therefore been pretty fussy and unhappy for the past couple of weeks. She then "let us go". She gave us no warning and no time to find another daycare provider. This announcement came completely out of the blue (especially since she has without fail told me how great Sophie's been from day one) and felt pretty much like being dumped by my boyfriend in the eighth grade. I went the following stages:

1) Shock. I had no idea she'd been unhappy in the relationship.
2) Sadness. I really thought we had a good thing going.
3) Anger. It is really unprofessional to withdraw services without due notice, after all.
4) If only. If only I had known sooner, I could have helpfully suggested ways to help Sophie nap at daycare. She naps very well at home, you know.
5) The other woman. Apparently, the daycare provider had another older, easier child waiting in the wings to replace Sophie.
6) And back to anger.

It took me about a week to get over my eighth grade boyfriend. I'm hoping to get over this one in a weekend and move on to someone better by Tuesday. Cause anybody who can reject this:

Clearly doesn't know a good thing when she's got it!

3 comments:

Jen K said...

That's pretty horrible behavior in a babysitter. She and your 8th grade boyfriend deserve each other! Hmph.

Sallie said...

Well, Miss Sophie, it's not hard to figure out why you were dumped....they didn't want you showing the other kids up with your striking beauty and amazing intelligence for even one more day....especially since you were by far the youngest one there.
I'm afraid that doesn't apply to Papaw when he was kicked out of the elementary school for taking a dare to jump out a two-story classroom window...although he is pretty cute and extremely intelligent. I love you, Sophie.

Donno said...

What an unprofessional babysitter! Good riddence. I love you. Donno