Wednesday, April 23, 2008

First, The Play

My pictures from New York aren't the best, but at least my dear readers will get a small sense of our amazing trip.

crooked opened Off-Broadway at the Women's Project on April 20. I had a lot of visitors over the weekend: Carl brought Sophie up for her birthday (April 19), my sister, Martha, and brother-in-law joined us for the festivities, and friends Shala and Darrell flew in from Hays. So many of my friends in New York came to see the play (some for the third time), and I felt completely supported, encouraged and loved. Thank you everybody for helping to make my Off-Broadway debut so memorable!

With Shala and Darrell outside the theatre.

My good friend Korey came up from Washington D.C. to see the show and to meet Sophie.

And while the show of support from my friends and family truly made the weekend, this review didn't hurt either:

http://theater2.nytimes.com/2008/04/21/theater/reviews/21croo.html

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Catherine! Carl, I think I'm equally impressed that you made it to NY with Sophie by yourself. Wish we could have been there.

Dan said...

Hooray!

PAIGEINFULL said...

Catherine--
You rock! I am so proud of you!!! We knew it was just a matter of time...oh and Sophie is gorgeous...you write dope plays and make beautiful babies---sigh.
We miss you in DC...I wish you much, much success!

paige...hernandez...arena..umd...
paigehernandez@hotmail.com
www.paigehernandez.com

ps--laurie sent me your blog!
;-)