Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sophie at the Ritz

Sophie and I spent the past week in Sarasota, Florida, courtesy of Florida Studio Theatre. The theatre brought me down for a play reading and were gracious enough to make it possible for baby to come along as well. We had the weekend off and spent it poolside at the Ritz Carleton, which was a short walk from artist housing. Sophie loved being in the pool, although I had to keep a firm grasp on her, as she kept trying to swim away--an action that did not help to assuage my baby drowning phobia.

The adorable watermelon bathing suit is courtesy of Donno, of course, and I think it's pretty much to die for cute. I used to ponder the existence of God, the nature of art, as well as read a fair bit, but now, I admit, I live for swoon-inducing, adorable baby girl clothes. Yes, it's come to that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Catherine, if only I could write blog posts half as interesting as yours. Sophie looks quite comfortable with the Ritz lifestyle though I have to say that the Country Mouse shot is my favorite. Love the all the outfits and that sweet smile.

So, what's the update on the babysitter?

Anonymous said...

Sophie, you look so grown up in that chair outside the Ritz pool. You are so precious and I can't wait to see you. I'm glad you and Mommy had a great trip to Floida.
See you soon.

Love you so much,
Grandma Sallie

Anonymous said...

Sophie's looking cute. Miss talking to you guys.

Have you all thought about plugging into Facebook. It is a nice (if superficial) way of keeping up with all your friends in one location.

Give Carl my regards and tell him that I want to see a photo of him on here one day.