Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Recent Acquisitions

As Sophie nears seventeen months, her vocabulary is building slowly. Here's the current inventory:

Mama: applies equally to her Mother and her baby doll
Baa Baa: bottle
Book: pronounced "Bok"
Hot: pronounced "ot"
Hat: pronounced "at"
Ball: any round object
Dada
Bye Bye: also means good-night
Hi
Uh Oh: applies to food dropped on the floor purposefully as well as accidents
Quack, quack: pronouced, "ack ack," meaning duck

Sophie and me on the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grand niece is becoming quite a talker. Beautiful picture, Mommy. Love to all, Aunt Gale

Bill said...

Catherine, I am at Julie's house after being here for the birth of baby Trent. I am a new reader of your blog, and you can be assured that I am also a fan of Sophie. She is soooo cute and I enjoy your comments on life with Sophie. I am sure that that you two are a team. It is fun to keep up with your family. I love blogs and I love little girls. You and Julie are good moms and Sophie, Hendley & Trent are lucky to have you. You are blessed with a sweet little family. Keep us posted on the Miller life, Love, Carol Harrell

Anonymous said...

Catherine, I love the blog! Whenever I have a lab day at school I always check it, and even if there is no new post I read all the posts from the beginning...it's like a favorite book! Sophie is absolutely adorable, I'm definatley looking foward to your next Augusta trip so we can meet & play (no hint intended)...
I miss you and Carl oh so much!
Love Always, Claire Marie Moore