Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Athens in June

We spent the month of June in Athens, GA, with my family. It was not a good month for Sophie, who apparently deciding the humidity did not agree with her delicate constitution cried without cease for the first three weeks, prompting family members to observe that she was the worst baby any of them had ever seen. We tried to give her back, but no one would take her.

We did, however, manage to get a few good shots of the Sophster with visiting friends. Here she is with Carl and his best friend Wes, also a student of philosophy and avid eating competition enthusiast.


Sophie and me with my best friend, Erin Hatton, who came all the way from Buffalo, NY, for a visit. Incidentally, it's Erin's birthday today. Happy Birthday Ernie!


I just like this picture. That's my nephew, James, astradle my brother, Jimmy.


Sophie and her cousin Lulu, practicing their synchronized swimming, after getting baptized.


Sweet Anna Catherine poured her sister Lulu into a mixing bowl. I'm not sure why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The baptism was sweet. Did anyone take a picture of the minister carrying two smiling babies down the aisle? Both Sophie and Elizabeth looked adorable in heirloom christening gowns. Grandma Sallie