Thursday, July 26, 2007

May in North Carolina

We spent the last two weeks of May in North Carolina with Carl's family. Sophie cried her way through those weeks as well. The first evening I left her with her Dad to have dinner out with some friends, I made the mistake of calling in and learned that Carl, unable to take it anymore, had put the baby in her crib to cry it out.

The girls gave me some good advice that night: never call in.

Sophie with her Great-grandmother and namesake.

With her Grandmother Sallie who can calm her almost better than anyone.

With her cousin Brenna who during this photo session really wanted to experience what her cousin's eyeballs felt like.

3 comments:

Ivy said...

I guess baby cries are always easier for men to endure. I have yet to successfully implement tough love long enough for Eli to cry anything out and he's almost 6 months old. The cries get more reasonable and easier to handle as they get older. Hang in there.

Donno said...

Martha and I have been here! This is fun. Love, Mama

Anonymous said...

I didn't hear that baby cry at all...Are we talking about our little Sophie? She was only singing.....beautiful music to Grandma's ears